The Radford Women's Cross Country and Track and Field teams, led by Director of Track & Field and Cross Country Shelli Sayers and Cross Country Head Coach, Sam Bradley, have a rich tradition at Radford University. We are passionate about providing our student-athletes with the best experience possible. Please join us in this effort by giving today!
Your gift to support Women's Cross Country/Track and Field allows us to offset expenses for gear and enhance our athletes’ travel experiences, including transportation and accommodations. High-performance gear is important to our program because it allows our athletes to represent Radford near and far while enabling them to perform at the highest levels.
With your help our student-athletes can concentrate on superior performance in the classroom and on the track, while also becoming the best versions of themselves with less concern about their educational expenses.
Thank you to our alumni and friends who came out to support our Men’s and Women’s Cross Country during the 2023 Big South Championship.
Women’s Cross Country
- Chloe Wellings ran the 2nd fastest time in cross country history, 17:12 at the 2023 Big South Cross Country Championships earning All-Conference honors placing 5th. She was named Big South Runner of the Week for her performance at the Appalachian State Open.
- MegAnne Gilmore ran the 3rd fastest time in school history, 17:19 and earned her first All-Conference honors finishing 5th overall.
- Natalie Preston was named Big South’s Women’s Scholar Athlete of the Year and voted the 2023 Big South Cross Country Scholars Athlete of the Year, earning a personal record at the Virginia Tech Invitational and Big South Championship, while maintaining a 4.0 GPA as a nursing major.
- Mackenzie Brownrigg earned Big South’s Women’s Newcomer of the Year – Her personal best at Radford is 15:26.4 (4k) and 18:16.2 (5k).
Indoor and Outdoor Track and Field
- Over 20 performances by our student-athletes were added to the indoor and outdoor All-Time lists during the indoor and outdoor seasons.
- Chloe Wellings was the 2023 Big South Champion in the 5k crossing the line in 16:56 over the listed favorite from High Point.
- The program secured five podium finishes at Virginia Tech Challenge as well as five podium finishes at Weems Baskin Invite
- Sophie Magson (Mile), Kandace McIvor (Pentathlon) earned their first Big South All-Conference honors as freshman, placing 2nd in their respective events at the Indoor Championships.
- Savannah Hoff won the 3,000-meter steeplechase at the JMU Invitational.
- Elyssia Fisher and Raichelle Cornelius opened the indoor season coming in second and fourth place in the 300-meter dash
- Elyssia Fisher was named Big South Freshman of the week after her performance in the long jump at the Liberty Kick Off meet, 5.60 m (18’5”).
- McLearen, Burkley, Gardner and Gilmore placed second place at the Big South Championships in the distance medley relay.
- The season was led by an outstanding group of freshmen contributing significantly to team points at both the indoor and outdoor Big South Championships
- Mya and Jaylen Rosser accumulated five different personal-best marks during the final regular season meet.
- Julia Burkley was named to the All-Academic Indoor Team.
On behalf of the Radford Women's Cross Country and Track and Field teams, any and all support would be greatly appreciated!