RAD48: 48 HOURS OF GIVING FOR RADFORD ATHLETICS
Strengthening the Foundation of Radford Athletics
Over the last year and a half, Radford Athletics’ operating budget has been reduced by over $1.5 million, and additional reductions from the loss of revenue from NCAA distributions, basketball season tickets, sponsorships and game contracts have only intensified the budgetary constraints.
We look to our alumni, donors, friends, parents and colleagues to assist us in any way possible in our first-ever Radford Athletics giving initiative for all 16 Division I sports, called RAD48. Over the next 48 hours, we hope you will join us as we #RiseAndDonate to rebuild the foundation of Radford Athletics and come out stronger than ever!
This two-day initiative is focused on the three unrestricted funds within Radford Athletics:
- The Highlander Club Annual Fund
- The Student-Athlete Scholarship Fund
- The Women's Sports Leadership Fund
Support Your Favorite Sports Team
Although gifts from RAD48 will go towards the unrestricted funds, a few things to keep in mind:
- Supporting unrestricted funds impacts the greatest amount of student-athletes (see above!).
- The team with the highest amount raised and the team with the highest alumni-athlete participation percentage will each be awarded $2,500 for their own Foundation account for use in whatever area they need.
Get involved today!
- Help us spread the word! Sign-up now to become an official Radford Athletics Giving Ambassador and compete to win a Radford Athletics Swag Bag!
- Motivate others to give to your favorite area of campus by issuing a Challenge gift. Contact KC Regis at email@example.com to let us know of your interest
- Take a photo with a RAD48 sign and post it on social media with #RiseAndDonate, feel free to also e-mail the photo to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can share (we love photos featuring pets and babies!)
- Display the RAD48 Zoom background in your virtual meetings
Read our FAQ or contact KC Regis, Director of the Highlander Club, at email@example.com